Friday, January 13, 2012

Enjoying Florida

With busy schedules it is sometimes hard to find time to escape the everyday work. We also sometimes forget that we now live in Florida and so we tend to not take advantage of living here as much as we should.

A great example of this is that we have lived here for over six months and we finally went to the beach just a couple of weeks ago. I was really hoping that we would go swimming, but it turns out that the water does get pretty chilly in December (although all the kids at the beach did not seem bothered). Instead of swimming we collected shells and took a nice walk.



It was so nice just to get out and enjoy the weather and get our vitamin D replenished. It was so peaceful and relaxing.




This was the friday before Christmas so while there were people on the beach, it wasn't crowded at all which was nice. One woman was even making snow(sand?)men in the sand. I wish I had gotten a pic of it because the were really cute.



Hopefully we'll make it more of a habit to take mini breaks like this. As I write this I have a cold and we're about to head into a cold snap so I'm channeling the warm relaxing feeling of walking a long the beach in the hopes that it will make my next couple of days a little better. I hope you have a chance to take a little break this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment